Friday, August 1, 2008

Hollywood Bowl


One of my favorite things to do in the summer is to attend the Hollywood Bowl. It's in Hollywood, not Rancho Palos Verdes. We take a MTA bus from Torrance to the summer home of the Los Angeles Philharmonic Orchestra. The Bowl is also the summer home of the Hollywood Bowl Orchestra. Last night we went to hear the L.A. Phil play Beethoven's Seventh Symphony and Grieg's Piano Concerto. This large amphitheater looks out on the Hollywood hills. Unlike some summer venues, there are no bad seats.
Many music lovers bring wonderful picnic suppers to eat either at a picnic table or at their seats. Devising a yummy dinner is one of the things that I enjoy, too. Last night we had a Greek salad with local tomatoes and cucumbers, a corn salad with local corn, local strawberries, local and organic honeydew, bread, chicken, and brownies at intermission.

1 comment:

blessed said...

Hi Betsy:
After looking at today's picture, I realized that I hadn't seen them all. So, I took a few minutes and perused them all.
Now I feel as if I have been at the beach, relaxed and calm. Thank you for the blessing.
Gwen

Wayfarers Chapel

Wayfarers Chapel
See the archived posts from June about this historic and beautiful chapel.