Friday, August 28, 2009

Fire in Rancho Palos Verdes



Yes, there is a fire in RPV, but it's not that close to where we live. We came home last night from seeing a play with friends to lots of smoke and helicopters. It's not in our neighborhood, but we collected important items to that we could evacuate during the night if necessary. It's very smokey, still. There is a lot of ash on our patio this morning. I still have things in my car ready to go, but don't think that there's any danger for us. I unpacked my computer so that I could use it. It's very hot and dry here. Last night it was still in the high 80s when we went to bed. We rarely have any evening heat since we're so close to the ocean. The helicopters are still patrolling so I feel safe. The firefighters have a tough job because of the terrain.

No comments:

Wayfarers Chapel

Wayfarers Chapel
See the archived posts from June about this historic and beautiful chapel.