Monday, September 1, 2008

Sister City Choice for Rancho Palos Verdes- Broadford, Scotland


Click here to view thumbnails for all participants
As far as I've been able to discover, we don't have a sister city. So I elect Broadford, Scotland on the Island of Skye. This small village, like my city, is on the water and filled with picturesque houses and interesting people. It also has a lively community of artists and craftsmen. Fishing is important there just like in our city. See tomorrow's picture.

7 comments:

Kim said...

Sarah, This is clever! I bet you could suggest it to city council and have it officially adopted. I think you've made an excellent choice, and the photo is lovely.
-Kim
Seattle Daily Photo

Diederick Wijmans said...

This photo is very very nice indeed and choosing one's own sister-city is a good idea!!

Sally said...

Nice idea.

Sydney Daily Photo

Dan said...

Nice pic and nice pick for a sister city

Jane Hards Photography said...

I applaud your choice. Syke is such a beautiful island. It surprising to find how many places don't have a sister city.

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

Sarah,
I was in the same situation as you, as Tamarindo, Costa Rica does not have a sister city either. I chose Laguna Beach, California as a suggested sister city.

Laguna Beach does not have a Daily Photo site, and I think Rancho Palos Verdes is probably the closest Daily Photo site, so I thought I would leave a little comment here. I have been to Rancho Palos Verdes, and it is indeed a gem in the L.A. metropolis, as your website shows. A r

Gerald (SK14) said...

Broadford is an excellent choice. I admit it is place I only drove through quickly as we arrived in Skye via the Glenelg ferry and a couple of days later we drove straight on to the ferry just before it left for Kyle of Lochalsh. That was in the days before there was a bridge to Skye.

Wayfarers Chapel

Wayfarers Chapel
See the archived posts from June about this historic and beautiful chapel.