Monday, June 23, 2008

Terranea Resort


This new construction is being done on the numerous acres that used to hold Marineland--the wonderful "new style" aquarium that opened in the late 1950s. Marineland operated under several owners. One of the last times it was open, they allowed a limited number of visitors to swim with nurse sharks. My daughter who at the time was too young to get her scuba certification was one of them. (She got that scuba certification during her freshman year of college, though.)

2 comments:

Tash said...

Good photo of the new resort - great colors. I'm glad building something instead of letting Marineland sit & I'm sure Terranea will look good, but I found it really alarming when I saw the land completely bare at the start of building and the huge buildings that are going up.

Sarah A said...

I wish that they had been able to use it for something less massive. I'm worried that they'll want to continue using the temporary beach access as the permanent one, too.

Wayfarers Chapel

Wayfarers Chapel
See the archived posts from June about this historic and beautiful chapel.